self-declared art

Friday, September 23, 2005

fed up

I need to let off steam. I am angry at how things have turned out in my GESL group. Relations and trust have soured because my leader is so result-oriented that he actually forgets to care about our feelings. For example, he puts down sub committees within the group if they do not perform to his standard, and he does it publicly. The group communicates through the Yahoo group links, and it is so depressing to see comments such as "don't let the team down" and "it is evident some of the groups have really worked hard". You mean others are slacking off?
It upsets me because he did not even consider the problems that a certain subcommittee faced before he passed such comments. I felt upset when the leader of the subcommittee spoke up by reminding everyone that the Yahoo platform was not to put others down, but to exchange and keep the rest updated about events. I can imagine how his team must be feeling. Even my group, the programmes group, had not been performing exactly up to his standard until recently when my programmes leader managed to secure a venue for our upcoming event that the leader then let our group pass.
I am so upset. It is as if I am nothing to my leader except a subordinate. Any interaction or correspondence is strictly that of a superior giving orders to his staff. Are we all not here as equals???The last time I checked, we all entered NIE as trainee teachers. This has made me feel very down indeed. I will update on the PTM when I have cooled down properly.

8 Comments:

  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger geognut said…

    Actually we are all equals and you do have the power to change things. I feel that you individually or maybe in a group, can actually voice out your happiness and set things straight. This will remind the 'leader' that he is not absolute. A good leader motivates.

    Someone must voice out and make him aware.

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger eddgibson05818870 said…

    i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger S W said…

    Hi friend,
    Don't let such people spoil your day and spoil the entire NIE experience.

    SW

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger BananaSaviour said…

    Hey, you could just speak up. Dun let these things get you down. It's not worth it. Remind that leader that you all are a team, working together to fulfill shared goals, not just his goals. But well, he might have his reasons as well... being a leader is quite stressful and if there are no appropriate standards set, the objectives might not be well met.

    But then if he is too much, feed him to the tigers. Let me know, we could design a plan to incorporate it into some educational programme at the zoo. "Watch how a man is being eaten up by the endangered white tiger" or something. =)

    In any case, look on the bright side. God always puts us through trials so that we can grow stronger. Hang in there! You will always have us to whine to! =)

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger S W said…

    Wah! I like the idea of feeding him to the tigers. Daffy, do include me in your plans. I am big and strong. :D

    SW

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger BananaSaviour said…

    Hee SW, ABSOLUTELY! (In selena tan's style)

    I know how strong you are! Hee.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Janinah said…

    haha i like that idea!if all else fails, i'll lock him in the prison n throw away the keys. n perhaps borrow a few bananas from bananasaviour n SW n dangle them in front of him everyday. haha.

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Blogger S W said…

    Hey Janice,
    On lah! Do call me when the situation warrants the activiation of our little plan. :D

    SW

     

Post a Comment

<< Home